The Adventures of Molly Murphy

This blog chronicles my move from the idyllic west to a base in Texas, and eventually, to central Germany where I am living and soaking up all of the techno I can handle.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Mein Geburtstag!

Whoo hoo! Today is mein Geburtstag (my birthday)! M. very sweetly surprised me with a reprise of the lemon cake that we had on my 30th birthday two years ago, when we'd been in Germany for less than a week! We had no idea where to go for my birthday dinner, much less where to get a piece of cake, which I was craving! So, we wound up at an Aral station (a gas station...but with a fancier grocery section than you would normally expect in the US) where I picked out a Zitronenkuchen for my birthday. And so, we had another one this year, purchased at the very same Aral for my birthday! And, even better, for my birthday outing, we decided to go to the Frankfurt Christmas market this evening, which was fantastic! (That's a picture of it above!) I went last year with friends, but this was M.'s first time. We wandered a bit before stopping for a dinner of bratwurst and pommes frites...then more shopping and an a doner as a post-dinner snack for M.! I got to do some Christmas ornament shopping and M. selected this year's ornament for our tree. We even had time to do a little shopping for family, too, so all in all it was a successful trip and lots of fun! This is truly, truly my favorite time of year in Germany, without a doubt. And the weather was actually very good to do the Weinachtsmarkt: right around 40 degrees, although, we decided it was time to go home when it started to sprinkle. So, now, we're tying up last minute loose ends and finishing up packing before we catch our flight home tomorrow! So, we can't wait to get back to the states and for all of you who are Georgia-bound, we'll see you soooon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home